Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Joyful jewelry jotting

I've been making jewelry for the past two years and I really do enjoy it. Recently, a friend told me about an oppotunity to rent some studio space for really cheap (less than $500/month) and I am *seriously* considering it.

So I've been making some really cool stuff over at the 92 St Y. I have some projects that I should be wrapping up pretty soon. I can't believe that I only have 2 more classes left! I definitely need to make time to go into the studio soon!

A few weeks ago, I took some classes at Beadfest in King of Prussia, PA. One Saturday morning, I took the Scrapbox Bracelet, with Kim St. Jean. On Saturday evening, I took Fold formed earrings with Gail Crosman Moore. On Sunday morning, I took the Break up ring with Lisa Claxton. Let me tell you...I was in the presence of some talented ladies. They were all completely different, but I had such fun in each class, and I learned a multitude of new techniques! I think my favorite by far was the Fold formed earrings! I just took to it, like a fish takes to water. I know that everyone is good at different things...well what I learned this weekend was that I am pretty darn good at manipulating metal with a hammer and I can solder...and I *can't* nor do I like TUBE RIVETS! OMG! They were the bane of my existance that weekend!!!!

All in all, a very productive weekend. Here are some pictures of my work:

Scrap Box Bracelet - Instructor: Kim St. Jean


Fold Formed Earrings - Instructor: Gail Crosman Moore

I did finally finsh the other ring, I just haven't gotten around to taking a picture yet, so stay tuned for the "Break Up Ring".

No comments:

Post a Comment